Note to Readers

Roundtable Reviews receives many galley and ARC copies for review. Please understand that the finished copy may differ from the copies we have reviewed.

I have not received any compensation for writing this post other than a free digital or print copy of the book. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Evelyn Project - Kfir Luzzatto

Kfir Luzzatto's Books

Released April 2012

Kfir Luzzatto
Pine Ten LLC

Book Review by Tracy Farnsworth

Professor Franco Lorenzi gets dragged into a century-old mystery that leaves him unsure of who he can trust and who he cannot. Everything starts when a mysterious man, Sir James Easby, visits him asking for a favor. A distant relative of Franco's is sick and only a blood relative can save her. Just as suddenly as Easby appears, he announces he has another appointment and that his organization, The European Historical Communication Society, will be in touch.

Soon, Franco receives another visit, this time from a woman claiming to be part of The European Cult Watch Committee. She states the committee works with agencies such as the FBI and Interpol. She needs Franco to become close to Easby because they're convinced Easby is part of a dangerous cult.

Caught up in a dangerous cat and mouse game, Franco soon learns that he's a pawn in a situation that dates back to the 1800s. If he's to stay alive, he'll have to figure out who he can trust and who is out to get him.

While I admit it took me a while to figure out what was going on in The Evelyn Project, once I had the basics down, the story became hard to put down. Without giving away any spoilers, I'll say this. If you have any interest in parallel universes, you'll really like Kfir Luzzatto's latest novel. The book is part mystery, part thriller, and even a touch of sci-fi.

All in all, The Evelyn Project kept me on my toes. Whenever I thought I had the evil-doers pegged, another twist was thrown in to make me question my decision. Nothing is as it seems and that makes this a stand-out book for 2012.

The Evelyn Project is slated to be released in April 2012. At the time of writing, Amazon still did not have a listing for it. You can check Amazon or the author's website to learn when you can purchase your own copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment